Technical Artist (Unreal Engine)
Game Development Fully Remote
Join the Real Boxing team as a Technical Artist and become a critical part in developing visual features and driving the look of the game. The Technical Artist will act as a bridge between artists & programmers to ensure art assets and features can be easily integrated into our games without sacrificing the artistic vision and while respecting the technical constraints. In partnership with the team (they are industry experts on senior positions), it will be your job to find solutions and specify tools for the further development of our graphical feature, art pipelines and process, working with Unreal Engine.
Curious what is going on in the Real Boxing game? You must know it's performing pretty well. While enjoying a good return rate, we're working on improving its metrics as well as players' engagement and satisfaction. We're focusing on implementing new exciting features like Live Ops, Machine Learning solutions, players segmentation. Can’t wait to do more: unique and spectacular gameplay by implementing outstanding special moves, demanding boxers, unparalleled in-depth and complex fights!
What are your duties?
- Support on technical issues within Unreal Engine,
- Experience/Gameplay Creation - Create interaction and functionality using Unreal's Blueprints and UMG system,
- Material Creation - Design complex materials in Unreal and instruct artists on best practices for material creation,
- Lighting - Be well versed in the various lighting techniques in Unreal and instruct the artists in lighting best practices,
- Optimization - Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modeling and texturing best practices,
- Collaborate with developers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback to the team,
- Support integration of assets by artists,
- Developing performance of frame rate and memory,
- Researching and overseeing the implementation of rendering techniques.
What should you offer?
- Extensive experience working with Unreal Engine (at least 3 years),
- Advanced experience of Unreal's Blueprints system and UMG,
- Shader programming experience,
- Good understanding of linear content creation workflows in Feature/TV Animation or VFX,
- Excellent knowledge of editing materials, lights and creating special effects in UE4,
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Designer/Painter, Houdini - a strong plus,
- Team-player mindset: openness to ideas, constructive feedback and changes; ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design, programming and production,
- Proficiency in English (at least B2).
What are we offering?
- Opportunity for professional development in the team of experienced professionals (our team is the greatest value!),
- Total flexibility on working on-site (offices in Bydgoszcz and Warsaw) and remotely, as well as planning your daily work cycle (your working hours are up to you),
- Being a part of a small, independent team with as little bureaucracy and as much transparency as possible,
- Other cool stuff that supports physical, emotional and intellectual well-being like sports pay-off, private medical care, drinks, and fresh fruits and personal development budget at your disposal (up to 1000 $ yearly).