Vivid Games is one of the leading Polish mobile game developers and publishers but also a team of almost 90 individuals on a mission to entertain players with great games. The games we publish are developed by internal teams and external studios as well as from the publishing program. We work remotely, having an office in Bydgoszcz.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about Python programming, Big Data, and solutions based on cloud technologies. So join our Big Data Team and help us to build a modern and highly scalable Data Platform for the entire enterprise.
What are your duties?
- contribute to Data Lake architecture and implementation,
- design optimal ETL infrastructure from a wide variety of data sources used for reporting, real-time analytics, and machine learning,
- build data pipelines,
- ensure consistency in data, promote processes to ensure data unicity between our data, third party platforms, and other databases,
- work with game teams to efficiently use the Google Cloud Platform to analyze data, and build data models.
What should you offer?
- 2+ years experience working as a Data Engineer or similar,
- experience in writing ETL\ELT processes,
- experience in designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining big data pipelines on the cloud,
- cloud computing experience (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure),
- experience with relational and non-relational database technologies,
- experience with the base Python modules and the following ones: pandas, NumPy, requests, JSON, pyarrow, sqlalchemy, google-cloud-bigquery, google-cloud-storage,
- standard and procedural SQL,
- good English (at least B2),
- nice to have: experience with Apache Beam, Spark (PySpark or other), and asynchronous REST requests.
What are we offering?
- Opportunity to grow professional development in the team of experienced professionals,
- Total flexibility on working on-site (office in Bydgoszcz) and remotely, as well as planning your daily work cycle,
- Being a part of a small, independent team with as little beaurocracy and as much transparency as it’s possible,
- Competitive stable salary adequate to experience,
- Other cool stuff that supports physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being like sports pay-off, private medical care, drinks, fresh fruits, and personal development budget at your disposal.