Technical Artist (Unity)
Vivid Games is one of the leading Polish mobile game developers and publishers but also a team of almost 70 individuals on a mission to entertain players with great games. We are the first remote company, having an office in Bydgoszcz.
We are seeking a talented Unity Technical Artist (Mid/Senior) to support us in creating a new mobile boxing experience. We already have success in our portfolio - Real Boxing, the world’s best and most recognizable mobile boxing franchise. And now, we're working on something extraordinary!
As a Technical Artist, you'll be creating high-end visuals and focusing on lightening and optimization while collaborating with artists and Unity developers to integrate art assets into the game engine. You will work closely with an experienced and multi-discipline team of professionals.
What are your duties?
- Collaborating with artists and developers to integrate art assets into the game engine,
- Creating technical benchmarks to be used in production, implementing optimizations and monitoring the performance of the game,
- Producing high-end visuals within memory constraints and performance guidelines,
- Material creation - design complex materials and instruct artists on best practices for material creation,
- Lighting - be well versed in the various lighting techniques and instruct the artists in lighting best practices,
- Optimization - optimize the content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modeling and texturing best practices,
- Technical support to the Team in day-by-day production issues,
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation,
- Sharing with the Team best practices and new tools.
What should you offer?
- Extensive experience working with Unity Engine (at least 2 years and one completed commercial project in the portfolio, ideally in the mobile game industry),
- Significant experience with Unity 3D and understanding of mobile platforms' strengths and limitations,
- Strong skills and experience in software development in Unity 3D and C#,
- Knowledge of 3D asset creation pipeline,
- Excellent knowledge and interest in the following tech-art areas: Shading, VFX/Particles, Scripting, Lighting, Rendering and Post-Effects, SFX, Rigging, Physics,
- Experience with profiling tools (Profiler, Frame Debugger, Memory Profiler),
- Experience with shaders (Shader Lab, Shader Graph, Amplify Shader Editor, HLSL),
- Knowledge of the new Unity Scriptable render pipeline (URP and HDRP),
- Team-player mindset: openness to ideas, constructive feedback and changes, ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design, programming and production,
- Experience with version control systems will be a plus.
What are we offering?
- Opportunity to grow competencies in a team of experienced professionals (they are all seniors),
- Total flexibility on working on-site (office in Bydgoszcz) and remotely, as well as planning your daily work cycle,
- Being a part of the independent team with as little beaurocracy and as much transparency as it’s possible,
- Competitive stable salary adequate to experience,
- Other cool stuff that supports physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being like sports pay-off, private medical care, drinks, fresh fruits (while working on-site), team integrations, and personal development budget at your disposal (up to $1000 yearly).
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Technical Artist (Unity)
Loading application form